To pray without ceasing simply means to constantly communicate with God even without making any significant changes to your time schedule or commitments. Some one explains it like playing the radio on the background.
“always Rejoice, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, ESV)
To pray without ceasing is all about keeping the connection open and talking to God as you go through the day’s activities.
Below are 9 (nine) practical ways to pray without ceasing.
- Begin your prayer with thanksgiving. Being grateful and thankful to God is one pf the surest ways to enter into the throne room. Prayer is not just about telling God all we need, we can also take out time to thank Him for all his deeds towards us. Psalms 100:4
- Just be real with God. There is no special pattern to prayer. You need to communicate with God the way you would do with your friend. It is simply a conversation between you and God. Don’t make your prayer ambiguous, Just keep it simple and talk to your heavenly father.
- Make prayer a part of your everyday tasks. When you are cooking, washing, hanging out or busy with work, let prayer become a lifestyle.
- Tell Him Even Though He is Aware. God delights to have a rich and meaningful relationship with us as we tell him what we need even though he knows them. Our constant fellowship with God brings us more closer and intimate with Him. This is what He wants.
- Be patient while you pray.
- Sing songs of worship and praises. It is an act of fellowship when we adore God’s name in praises and thanksgiving.
- Don’t worry, Never be anxious about anything, rather in any condition you find yourself, by prayer and supplication, make your desires known to God. Philippians 4:6
- Listen To Him when you are done talking. The quantity of your words in prayer doesn’t count, because prayer is not about us, it is about God. Having this understanding that God is your companion and always near to you will help you not to monopolize the conversation.
You must log in to post a comment.