Proverbs 13: 22 tells us that “A good man leaves an inheritance for his descendants when he is gone, that is what a legacy is. Leaving lasting legacies for our family, friends, colleagues neighbors and communities should be part of our major aim in life.
This includes our history, our believe systems, our values, material possessions (Including money), business practices, teaching and reputation. Legacies can be seen as rare special gifts from one individual to another, from one generation to the next generation.
Knowing who we are as Christians, our desire is to seek to leave lasting legacies of righteousness and godliness for our descendants.
It’s important that we think and meditate on the kind of legacy we are building and developing so that we can leave something worth inheriting.
- HOW TO LEAVE LASTING LEGACIES FOR THE NEXT GENERATION
Our primary and ultimate goal is to pass on to our descendants and the next generation a lasting legacy that has eternal value. This is far more important than the temporal inheritance of property and money, and other material possessions.
One of the most important legacies you can leave for the next generation is serving the Lord well, living a Godly live and allowing it to affect their generation. Your influence upon your descendants is the quality of the live you have live here.
We list below some other ways one can leave lasting legacies for the next generation.
- Learn how to encourage and inspire people around you. Hebrews 10:24-25.
- Be an example of a godly character you will like your children to emulate and always be consistent 1Timothy4:12.
- Ensure that the choices you make are a reflection of the teachings of Jesus Christ. Job 36:10
- Let your life and that of those around you on the word of God that is eternal. Proverbs 30:3-5
- Freely release forgiveness and grace to others. Collossians 3:13.
- Be a soul winner Proverbs 11:30.
- Love the local church you belong and be part of making it a beacon of truth, righteousness and blessing to the community.
- Always walk in godly character. Proverbs 22:1.
- Be available when you are needed.
Also Check Out These Amazing Articles:
Why Obedience Is Better Than Sacrifice. (What God Wants)
How To Know God’s Open Door With These Simple Steps
Q. Is It Wrong To Question God?
How Does Social Media Affect Singles: How To Find Freedom
How To know Someone With An Evil Heart (With Bible Reference)
How to track your lost or stolen phone
There are Benefits of a Godly legacy
- Your good legacies provides for the next generation.
- A godly legacy develops the next generation of leaders who will be passionate for God and his work.
- It’s a way of impacting the next generation.
- The passions and great visions will never die off.
- Building a legacy makes you a great leader.
The following are some of the benefits of leaving a lasting legacy
- It impacts the next generation.
- Great visions and passion not to die off.
3 A way of providing for the next generation.
- Developing next generation of leaders.
- Having a legacy will make you a better leader. It will exert a positive impact on the way you plan and lead and how you communicate and the values you hold.
It’s time to pass forward the best of yourself to those you lead. Set and be an example.
You must log in to post a comment.